We will discuss the raw materials and their production; the science of wort production; different yeasts and the fermentation process; and how all of these influence beer flavour. We will also discuss various styles of beer, discuss beer evaluation and taste a range of beer faults. This course is ideal for those that want to advance the brewing knowledge.
Duration: 4 Consecutive Days (Tues – Fri).
- Brewing Process / Raw Materials OverviewThe Science of MaltingMalts and their Contribution to beer flavour
- Brewing Water and the Role of SaltsBrewing AdjunctsHops and Hop Products
- Sensory Evaluation 1
- Wort Prod & Brewing PracticalSensory Evaluation 2
- Introduction to Brewing MicrobiologyYeast, Fermentation and MaturationHygiene and Sanitation in the BrewerySensory Evaluation 3
- Post Fermentation Processing
- Sensory Evaluation 4
- Morning coffee, lunch and afternoon tea
- Detailed Notes
- Informal Lectures
- 1 day of brewing on 1000L brewery
- Tasting paddles/beers
- Detailed discussions of the process & science of brewing
- Brew 1000L wort in a day
- Demo FV
- Sensory evaluation sessions
These days / courses and topics are subject to minimum numbers and change without notice.